Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Gifts Galore!

So, I finally have an update to give and the time to write it out! It's wonderful. So I finished that ladybug I mentioned, and I think she's turned out rather cute. ^_^ I'm particularly proud of her because she's completely original and made up out of my own head, which is a new thing for me, cuz I'm used to working from patterns. One day I might write out the pattern nice and put it up for sale, who knows. She's a gift for one of my coworkers, whose daughter is about 9 months old and getting cuter every day.



While we're on the subject of baby gifts, I've also finished my first blanket ever, a baby blanket for ANOTHER coworker of mine who is still expecting (it's a boy!). If anyone's interested, I used a pattern from LionBrand.com called Baby Blocks Throw, with Lion Brand Babysoft yarn.


ALSO, I got the itch to use up some of my cotton yarn, so I whipped up a little hat for my goddaughter, who is turning 1 soon. For this I used a combination of two different patterns, but I very much like the result. I can't wait to see it on her. :D


In other news, the boyfriend left to go out of town on a mission trip today, so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little on the mopey side. However, I'm sure the little ache he left behind is nothing compared to the amazing things God's gonna do with him and the rest of my friends by the end of the week. If anything particularly exciting happens I'll let ya'll know.

But for now, I think it's time to sit down to a movie with a tall glass of iced coffee and start on an earring idea I've been brewing for a couple weeks. ;)

p.s. Haha, coffee...brewing...didn't even realize the pun until I had already published this. I'm a former English major, what're ya gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment